GET TICKETS HERE!
We are the makers of delicious bacon sausage:
- All Natural, Made in Chicago
- Minimally Processed, Naturally Encased
- Hogs Raised Outdoors in Iowa by Small Independent Farmers
- No Preservatives, MSG, Nitrates, Nitrites, Hormones, Antibiotics, Artificial Flavors or Colors
- Hand Crafted, Artisan Sausage, No Water Added
- Locally Raised, Locally Made, Locally Sold
- 20% Less Fat Than Bacon
Made exclusively with Niman Ranch, center cut, nitrate free bacon and pork. Niman Ranch begins with a cross of Duroc, Chester Whites and Berkshire breeds. These genetics are particularly well suited to an outdoor environment and express exceptional mothering abilities. All of the hogs are raised outdoors or in deeply bedded pens in central Iowa, where they are able to express their natural instinctive behaviors, like rooting and roaming. These hogs are never subjected to antibiotics or hormones and eat an entirely vegetarian diet. You can taste the difference.
Big Fork Bacon Sausage Scones
Yield: makes roughly 130 “bites”
1 lb. butter, unsalted, softened
1 t. sea salt
1 t. black pepper, freshly cracked
½ t. cayenne pepper
2 T. dark brown sugar
2 lbs. Big Fork Bacon Sausage, any flavor, raw, removed from the casing
½ c. buttermilk
1.5 lbs. sharp cheddar, small diced or shredded
4 ½ c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
- Using the paddle attachment of your mixer beat the butter until light and airy. Add the seasonings and mix until uniform.
- Add the sausage and eggs and mix until uniform. Add the buttermilk and cheddar and mix until even.
- Mix the dry ingredients together then add this to the sausage mixture and mix just until all the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator or until you are ready to bake.
- To bake: heat your oven to 425F convection or 450F conventional. Using a small scoop or tablespoon portion out small rounds of dough on parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending upon the size of the dough balls. They should be golden brown on the outside but not burned. Stick a thermometer in the center of one or two so you know you’ve achieved a temperature to cook the sausage. Ideal temperature range: 140F – 160F. Please do not over bake.
Note: These scones are best if they are baked just prior to serving.