Portabella, Bacon Sausage, and Kale Fettuccine
1 Tablespoon butter
2 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage (portabella, hickory & applewood, or cracked black pepper), diced
2 large portabellas, sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed, rough chopped
1 cup kale, chopped
½ cup white wine
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
½ lb. fettuccini noodles, cooked al dente
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, as garnish
- Warm a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter to melt. Once melted, add the sausage and portabellas. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the white wine and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and toss until the noodles are completely covered. Garish with the cheese.