Maple & Brown Sugar Bacon Sausage Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
2/3 cups whole milk
1 large apple, honey crisp, diced
2 links Maple & Brown Sugar Bacon Sausage, quartered and diced
- Heat the oven to 375°. Spray muffin cups with nonstick baking spray or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir just until blended. Fold in the apple and bacon sausage until blended.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then remove to a rack to cool completely.