How to Prepare Bacon Sausage at Home (when using the raw version)
- Brown it – cook the sausage in a dry sauté pan at medium-low heat for around 10 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 145F.
- Bake it – Place the sausage on a baking sheet and bake it in a 350F oven for 16-18 minutes (turning half way through) or until you reach an internal temperature of 145F.
- Grill it – Throw it on the BBQ grill and cook over low or indirect heat until cooked through
- Smoke it – Probably the most enjoyable of all, slow smoke the sausage in your smoker for hours until you reach a temperature of 145F.
- Poach it – Probably the coolest way of all, using a smoking gun create smoke water, then poach the sausage in near simmering smoke water for 6 minutes. Remove from the liquid and brown evenly the sausage quickly in a dry sauté pan at medium high heat.
- Slice it – Slice the raw sausage and use it instead of Italian or Andouille sausage
- Fry it – drop it in a hot (325F) bath of oil and cook the sausage until you get a temperature reading of 145F.